Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is STOP.
I know this may be a challenge for some of you who are still obsessing about your new year’s resolutions. That’s the first thing you can stop.
Then consider your life if you were to stop these four…
- Stop over-promising.
- Stop beating yourself up.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Stop doing those things that feel like obligations.
What are 10 things/aspects of your life that you could let go of, stop doing, or simply give up?
1. Stop sitting at your desk for more than an hour at a time =>Instead, get up, stretch or go out for a short walk.
2. Stop eating in the kitchen =>Instead, set a place at the table, sit down, relax and enjoy your food.
3. Stop spending so much of your precious time online => Instead, call a friend and connect.
4. Stop checking your emails in the evening => Instead, be present with the people and activities you love.
5. Stop slacking off => Instead, keep your word. If you say you’re going to do something, just @#$% do it.
“In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” – Tolstoy
6. Stop comparing yourself to others => Instead, look in the mirror and appreciate who you are.
7. Stop listening to the negative thoughts in your head => Instead, change your mindset and listen to how awesome others think you are.
8. Stop worrying so much => Instead, dream and talk about what you want.
9. Stop pretending you don’t care => Instead, be bold, express your emotions and get real!
10. Stop dreaming of someday => Instead, take action, just one. Right. Now.
Imagine implementing half of these.
How would your life change for the better?