It’s time to dream. . .
It’s time to dream.
“I have a dream…” – Martin Luther King Jr.
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do… Explore. Dream. Discover.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- This quote screams of regrets and someday thinking. Take a chance, swing out and be honest about what you want.
2. “Dreams are THE BEST! The DayDreams, the Secret Wishes, THOSE Dreams we keep and cherish, hidden in the spaces between our heartbeats.” – Bif Naked
3. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” – Paulo Coelho
- It’s the possibility, anticipation and taking action on the dream that provides a fulfilling experience, sometimes more than having the dream itself materialize. When your values are guiding you, satisfaction is pretty much guaranteed.
4. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- I’ve been working on my 50 For 50 list, things I’m going to do during my 50th year. It’s inspiring and kind of awesome to inspire yourself in this way, especially when you start early and have a breakthrough like I did recently!
5. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
- Dream with others, get supported and create a new reality.
6. “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
7. “You see things; you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?” – George Bernard Shaw
8. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- Dream big, yes. . .then follow it up with action. Do the work and make it so.
9. “I don’t know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream.” – Vincent van Gogh
“Dreams are necessary to life.” – Anais Nin
10. “Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” – Mother Teresa
- The dream comes first. Stop wasting your time on soulless goals.
11. “It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck
12. “It’s strange how dreams get under your skin and give your heart a test for what’s real and what’s imaginary.” – Jason Mraz
- That dream that’s under your skin? Set it on fire, give it room grow.
13. “Dreaming and guilt should never be in the same room together.” – Danielle LaPorte
14. “Dreams are illustrations…from the book your soul is writing about you.” – Marsha Norman
- Your soul is writing a book, the most beautiful story ever told.
15. “Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.” – Sigmund Freud
- Love this quote because, well, I like a little crazy now and then 😉
“Dreamer…nothing but a dreamer.” – Supertramp
16. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe
18. “People think dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.” – Neil Gaiman
19. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
- Dreaming together, with like-minded spirits is one of the greatest feelings there is.
20. “It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.” – Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- Do you even know what your heart’s longing is? Spend some time in silence and really listen.
21. “I dream. Sometimes I think that’s the only right thing to do.” – Haruki Murakami
22. “Sometimes you wake up from a dream. Sometimes you wake up in a dream. And sometimes, every once in a while, you wake up in someone else’s dream. ” – Richelle Mead
- It can be exhilarating to get caught up in someone else’s dream. Be generous with your attention.
23. “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- A single dream is where it all begins.
24. “Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.” – James Dean
- There’s no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow, so what other option have you got?
25. “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” – Gabriel García Márquez
- Dreaming to stay young? Hell yeah!
Over to you:
- Speak your dream into existence.