Every year at this time I review my journals as I complete the year and make space for what’s next.
2016 was a year of growth and satisfaction, as well as challenge and grief. Writing these notes to myself was an opportunity to acknowledge it all.
I share these 108 insights with my deepest wish that they resonate and remind us all that even the most challenging times have gems.
1. Truth communicates through the body. Pay attention.
2. Freedom is always calling.
3. Obligation kills joy.
4. Write yourself a permission slip to do whatever the hell you want.
5. Whisper good things to yourself before bed.
6. Your words create your world.
7. Life is reciprocal. Pay attention to what you put out.
8. Expansion is inevitable.
9. Splurging now and then is necessary.
10. Celebrate the future before it happens.
11. Your preferences create your reality.
12. Pay attention to the details.
13. You can be as big as you want.
14. Practice displaces procrastination.
15. It’s not luck when you earn it.
16. Your willingness to risk leads to change.
17. The truth is usually right in front of you.
18. Your core desired feelings are beacons.
19. Chaos always accompanies change.
20. Be involved in a way that feels good.
21. Let go of what no longer serves you.
22. There’s no substitute for doing the work.
23. You are the source of your own aliveness.
24. Get over your need for instant gratification.
25. Vibrate how you feel.
26. Blocks are temporary; don’t make them mean anything.
27. Your desires come from the part of you connected to your soul.
28. Liberation requires courage and heart.
29. Forgive yourself and move on.
30. Practice what you love.
31. Don’t be afraid to burn bright.
32. Listen for resonance.
33. Walk away from drama.
34. Make choices that feel good.
35. You really have no idea what you’re capable of.
36. Turn down the noise and you’ll hear something new.
37. The more you tell your new story, the more real it becomes.
38. When possibilities flow, surf.
39. Trust the healing.
40. Surrender to the fire that burns inside.
41. Intention must be followed by action for change to occur.
42. Be on your own side cheering madly.
43. Include everything.
44. Start over. Again.
45. Become a light for others.
46. Change your mind.
47. Make more promises to yourself.
48. Your comfort zone is made up.
49. Face what you’re most afraid of.
50. You’ll find evidence for anything you believe. Continue reading